NOTICE: The Brookfield Police Department is HIRING NOW! Click here to find out more information!
The Brookfield Police Department is composed of 14 members: twelve sworn Police Officers, one Animal Control Officer and the Department’s Administrative Assistant.
To qualify for a position with the Police Department, an applicant must meet the following criteria.
- Must be 21 years of age
- Must be a United States Citizen
- Must live within 50 miles of the city limits of Brookfield, MO by the end of six-month probationary period
- Must have a high school diploma or GED equivalent
- Must hold a current Missouri Peace Officers License (Police Officer position only)
- Must have at least 20/40 uncorrected vision or corrected to 20/20 with normal color vision
- Must have valid Missouri driver license
- Must have been honorably discharged from the United States Armed Forces, if applicable
- May not have felony convictions or misdemeanor convictions directly resulting from felony charges
- May not have excessive city ordinance or misdemeanor violation convictions or outstanding warrants
- May not have ever been convicted of domestic violence or an assault in connection with a domestic situation
- May not have an excessive traffic conviction history
- Must be drug-free with no past pattern of drug abuse and pass a drug screening test
Starting Salary for police officer as of 10/01/2021; $16.08 per hour, increasing to $16.47 per hour after successful completion of the six-month probationary period.
All department positions include the following benefits:
- LAGERS retirement system 100% Department paid
- Medical insurance; 100% Department paid
- Paid sick leave
- Paid time off
- Paid overtime