The first library in Brookfield was in 1881. It consisted of 63 members who paid a fee of two dollars per year plus twenty-five cents quarterly dues. It had a book collection of 225 volumes. The collection was first housed in the office of Dr. J.C. Kelley and later moved to the office of Dr. T.P. Oven. This first library was destroyed by fire in 1882. Learn more about our library by visiting our website atwww.brookfieldpubliclibrary.org.
The Brookfield Public Library was opened on July 15, 1996. It consists of 6000 sq. ft. with a meeting room, genealogy area, children’s area, adult area, study/reading area and more.
Library Services include:
Computers with Internet Access
Wi-Fi Hot Spot
Books, Magazines, Local Newspapers,
Videos, DVD’s, Books on CD
Fax Machine, Copiers, Text Scanner/Reader
Ellison Cutout Machine
Gina Smith, Director Carol Howerton, Assist. Director Stephanie Bloss, Circulation Librarian Lillian Eskew, Circulation Librarian